I bought the Mirrycle Bar End Bicycle Mirror in preparation for my first bicycle tour. I have since ridden about 500 miles with it. I paid full price for this mirror with my own money. This is my honest review.
Pros of the Mirrycle Bar End Mirror
- Rugged- I dropped my fully loaded touring bike on this mirror a concrete sidewalk about 3 times so far and it still hasn’t broken. One of the screws bent a bit, but it is still perfectly functional.
- Spare parts availability- If the mirror does break, you can replace individual parts for only a few dollars rather than buying another.
- Price- This is one of the cheaper cycling mirrors on the market.
- Adjustability- You can easily adjust the mirror while riding. It is fully adjustable.
- Quality- It’s made of thick, tough plastic. I’ve ridden over 500 miles with it so far and it has held up perfectly.
- Doesn’t shake or move- If you have the screws tight enough, this mirror will stay steady and adjusted.
- Compatibility- I have installed this mirror on my flat bar and drop bar bikes. My friend put one on his bike with bullhorn bars. It works perfectly on each.
- Convex glass- This gives a wider field of view so you can see more of the road behind you
- Easy to install- I had it on my bike in about 10 minutes.
- Easy to remove- If you don’t need it on all the time, you can easily remove the mirror part and leave the rest on the handlebars.
Cons of the Mirrycle Bar End Mirror
- Its kind of ugly- Mirrors on bikes look a bit lame.
- Because it’s convex, things appear further away than they really are.
- It can break if you drop the bike or hit something while cycling.
- It sticks out further than your handlebars so it can get caught on things and you can’t squeeze through very small gaps in traffic.
I’m usually a pretty harsh critic but I had trouble thinking of anything negative to say about this mirror. Before my first bicycle tour, I had never used a cycling mirror and now wouldn’t ride without one. Being able to see what is behind me makes me feel so much safer. I don’t have to constantly be turning my head to watch for traffic or trusting that drivers see me. Now I can always keep an eye on people approaching me to pass.
During my tour, my friend was constantly asking me “any cars coming?” because I was the only one with a mirror. After we got back home from our tour, I ordered another one of these mirrors to give to my friend for his birthday. He doesn’t ride without it now either. I paid full price for both of the mirrors that I bought. I am just really happy with this product and I highly recommend it.